Students must come to school punctually, neatly dressed and reach the campus by 9:10 a.m
- Pre.K.G (Mon - Fri) – 9:10 a.m to 12:30 p.m
- L.K.G and U.K.G (Mon - Fri) - 9:10 a.m to 3:30 p.m
- GRADE I – XII (Mon - Fri) - 9:10 a.m to 4:05 p.m
- GRADE III – XII (Sat) - 9:10 a.m to 4:05 p.m
Code of conduct for students
- Strict regularity and punctuality, obedience, courtesy in words and deeds, cleanliness in dress and person and proper care of books and school property are expected from every student.
- Irregular attendance, neglect of home-work, habitual lack of interest in school work, stealing, misconduct even outside the school premises, willfully repeated breach of school regulations, disobedience and disrespect towards teachers are sufficient reasons for the dismissal of the child from the school.
- Students are responsible to the school authorities not only for their conduct in school, but also general behavior outside. Any report of objectionable conduct on part of any student both within the school premises and outside will make him/her liable for disciplinary action.
- The Principal, in the interest of the school, may ask a Parent/Guardian to withdraw the admissions of his Child/Ward, should the child’s conduct, behavior or influence, in the principal’s opinion, be in any way detrimental to the common good of the school and it’s running.
- All students are expected to contribute to a positive learning atmosphere in the class by cooperating with the teacher, getting work done on time, contributing to discussions, asking questions and avoiding distractions.
- Students are expected to participate in school activities unless excused by the appropriate head on a written request from the parent / guardian.
- Students must show sensitivity and respect without discrimination. Any form of disrespect, physical harassment, threat or violence towards another person is contrary to the spirit of the school.
- Students who travel by transport approved by the school are expected to be well behaved and courteous at all times while using this facility. Those students found misbehaving would be banned from using this facility.
- Use of abusive and unacceptable language, leaving the school premises without permission or even breaking or disfiguring school property, would result in suspension/expulsion of the student, as decided by the management of the school.
- Students themselves are responsible for the custody of their own pens, tiffin carriers or any other article they may bring to school. Cardigans, tiffin boxes, bags, umbrella and books must bear the name of the owner and class. The school does not accept responsibility for personal items brought to school and is not responsible for articles lost by students.
- Students are not allowed to bring Mobile Phones, Walkmans, Discmans, MP3 players, iPods, cameras or any other expensive device to school, under any circumstances. If found these will be confiscated and returned only to the child’s parent. If brought second time, they will not be returned.
- Students are allowed to call home only under extraordinary circumstances from school office
Illness and Isolation
- Health and safety of all the children is a matter of deep concern and of prime importance to the school and the parents.
- Presence of children suffering from infectious ailments may result in an outbreak of an epidemic in the entire school.
- At the first sign of rash, fever or any other serious ailment, the child should be medically examined and sent to school only on the advice of a doctor.
- During recovery from an infectious ailment, the child should be quarantined at home as advised by doctor.
- If the child is sick, the parent must, within two days of absence:
1.Submit a Doctor’s certificate to the office.
2. Attach your letter in duplicate with the above certificate
3. Enter the sick leave into the Leave Record in the Almanac.
- In the event of a child feeling ill during school hours, parents will be notified.
Arrivals and dispersals
- Students are expected to reach school at least 10 minutes before the school timings for attending school assemblies.
- Once the children report to school, they must not leave the school premises without the permission of the Principal. The school will not be responsible for the progress and safety of offenders in this respect.
- Parents should take responsibility of instilling the importance of being punctual from a very young age.
- The class teacher should be informed in writing through a note in a diary or a written request, if you plan to collect your child personally. Verbal messages will not be entertained.
- If a person other than a authorized person comes to collect the child, a written application has to be submitted to the office at least one day prior, along with the authorization letter and two photographs of that person.
- Arrivals and Dispersals are done under the supervision of school staff.
- Registration of children for admission does not confirm the admission of the child.
- Admissions are based on the number of seats available.
- In the matter of admission, the decision of the school management is final.
- A student coming from recognized school within the state must produce a leaving certificate, Report Cards etc of the school last attended.
Withdrawal and Dismissal
- The application for withdrawal of admission of a child should reach the school office or Principal on or before 31st march
- Applications for T.C or leaving certificate received after 31st march but before 30th June will be considered only on three months payment of fees.
- Applications for T.C or L.C received after 30thJune but before 10th September will be considered only on the payment of full first term fees.
- Applications for T.C or L.C received after 10th September will be considered only on the payment of full year fees.
- L.C or T.C will be issued only to the applicants who have cleared all the dues.
- Clearance should be obtained from
School office : for school fees paid
Transport office : for bus fees paid
Library : for books not returned/damaged
Lab-in-charges : for lab equipment damaged/Broken/lost/stolen
Sports-in-charges :for sports goods/Equipment damage to school property
Principal : damage to school property
- Daily attendance is a condition for fulfilling requirements of the academic programme, completing course work, and general academic progress at the school.
- 80% attendance (working days) during the academic year is mandatory for promotion to the next grade level. (The school reserves the right to withhold promotion in case the minimum attendance requirement is not fulfilled).
- All children are expected to attend the school on the first and last day of every academic session.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- No student may be absent without submitting a written leave application duly signed by the parent/Guardian in the Leave of Absence Record of the Diary. Verbal message will not be accepted.
- Every parent/Guardian is requested to write (put) your specimen signature in the space indicated in this diary. No other signature other than the specimen signature will be accepted on leave notes, report etc.
- No student may forge the signature of his/her parents/guardians. Defaulters will be punished severely.
- A student who has remained absent from school for three consecutive school days without prior permission, shall be allowed to attend the class only with the permission of the Principal.
- Students who has remained absent from school for one month or more than one month, without permission are liable to be terminated from the school.
RECOMMENDATION TO PARENTS
- Parents are expected to co-operate with the school authorities in enforcing regularity and discipline. They should see to it that their child prepare their lesson and take an active interest in the activities of the school.
- Parents and guardians are specially requested to notify the school of any change in his/her address, email id and phone number.
- In all written communication with the Principal, parents are requested to mention in their letter, the name and class of the child.
- To ensure steady progress, parents are requested to see that their children attend the school regularly and join the school on the re-opening day.
- All parents are requested to attend the parent teacher’s meeting and other school events on invitation.
- We encourage good eating habits and would like to dissuade you from providing junk food in any form.
- The students have to carry their snacks as well as lunch when they report to school in the morning itself.
- Avoiding junk food is mandatory.
CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION
- There will be no formal examination for students of KG. The promotion of the students of other classes will be based on the assessment or evaluation done by their teacher on the basis of day-to-day observations of all the activities of the child.
- 80% attendance is mandatory.
- It is mandatory for students to score 50% and above in all exams.
- Did I indulge in any positive activity?
- Did I stop myself from indulging in any negative thoughts? (Jealousy, anger, greed, evil, pettiness)
- Did I take responsibility for any of my actions?
- Did I realize my mistakes, if any?
- Did I remain calm in any adverse circumstances?
- Did I pray to God today?
- Did I respond egoistically to people and situations?
- Did I complain against anybody just to gain a good reputation for myself?
- Did you reach the school on time today?
- Did you greet your friends and teachers?
- Are you thoroughly prepared to meet the challenges of the day?
- Have you carried along, the necessary things to be used for the day?
- Were you attentive during the classes?
- Did you take care not to hurt anyone while running around?
- Did you identify somebody’s mistakes and try to educate him/her? ( Littering, violating discipline, using abusive language)
- Did you go through the notices put on the bulletin board?
- Did you help the smooth functioning of the school? (switching off lights and fans, helping in proper seating arrangements in your class rooms, library or labs, cleanliness etc.)
- Did you follow the rules of school transportation? (Moving in line, Boarding, Seating & getting down from the bus in an organized manner)
- Did you keep your belongings at their proper places after reaching home?
- Are you aware of the day’s tasks and assignments?
- Can you recapitulate the day’s events and identify your strength and weakness?
- Can you identify you shortcomings?
- Have you taken any measures to rectify them?
- Have you read today’s newspaper?
- Did you complete your assignment?
- Do you revise your lesson daily?
- Do you complete your projects on time?